Riding into the Nature
Cycling Retreat Surrounded by the Green of Collio Goriziano, Friuli Venezia Giulia
4 NIGHT – 5 DAYS
MIN 4 – MAX 12 TRAVELERS
Bespoke Retreat: focuses attention exclusively to your needs. Our bespoke options are available all year round, outside of our set retreat programme dates. We can accommodate individuals and groups of two or more people; such as couples, families, work colleagues, business teams and others.
Collio: One of the Most Unique White Wine
Regions of the World
Tucked into the far northeast corner of Italy, the region of Collio is a curve of bright and sunny hills, slopes and terraces amidst the province of Friuli Venezia Giulia on the border of Slovenia and between the Julian Alps and the Adriatic Sea. Collio enjoys a mild climate with summers that are hot but not stifling and winters that are cold and often rainy, although this year’s month of May was the wettest since May 1973. Dramatic diurnal temperature shifts and local winds create a unique micro-climate. Thanks to the warm currents from the Adriatic Sea, grapes are kept dry and the mountains to the north protect the region from cold winds. The unique soil, termed Ponca, consists of layered marl and sandstone that offer elements of minerality and salinity to the wines. As you may expect, grapevines thrive in this natural environment.
The Castle | Wine Resort
Starlit skies and the calming sounds of nature – nothing more. The Castle Wine Resort, is where you can rekindle with your inner self without renouncing the privilege of the resort facilities and the wonderful views of the estate and castle.
Superb food and wine in Italy’s less frequented north east
A cultural melting pot of Italian and central European influences, from rich mountain fare to the freshest seafood.Some of the finest wines in Italy are from the gently rolling Collio hills. A full spectrum of gastronomic experiences, from cheese and ham at the tables of their producers to the region’s finest 2* Michelin restaurant.
A bike excursion is the best way to let yourself go to the echanting and uncontaminated nature of Collio
Welcome to the Castle Wine Resort
– Arrival and Chek-In
– Free Time: you will’ ve a MTB available for all the retreat
– Welcome Apero – Dinner at the Osteria
Bike Tour: Cormons/Collio, Abbazia di Rosazzo, Cividale del Friuli and Tarcento
– Continental breakfast
– Guided Bike Tour: Cormons/Collio to Tarcento and back. On the way we will have lunch in a farmhouse among the vineyards and we will cross places of naturalistic and historical interest as Abbazia di Rosazzo, Cividale del Friuli… until we reach Tarcento.
– On the way back we will stop in a local wine cellar for a wine tasting with degustation
Bike Tour Riserva Naturale Isola della Cona and Grado
– Continental breakfast
– Guided Bike Tour: Riserva Naturale Isola della Cona and Grado. On the way we will cross places of historical interest as Palmanova, Castello di Trussio until we reach the beautiful sea village of Grado.
– Lunch in Grado
– On the way back to the Castle, we will stop for a refreshing aperitivo in a local wine cellar
Free Bike Day & Culinary Experience
– Continental breakfast with fresh and natural products
– You will be free to enjoy this fantastic territory cycling through vineyards, castles and historic villages.
– Evening: Cormòns and culinary experience in a Michelin-Star Restaurant
Continental breakfast and Check-Out
The Retreat Includes
– 4 nights accommodation with breakfast
– 2 lunches (non alcoholic drinks included)
– 1 welcome apero – dinner
– 2 winery visit with wine tasting and degustation
– 1 culinary experience in Michelin Star restaurant (alcoholic drinks included)
– 2 guided bike excursions includes visit to one monument and the Nature Reserve
– MTB available for the entire retreat
The Retreat Not Includes
– Additional activities
– Transfers to and from airports
– Beauty treatments & Spa
– Meals and drinks that are not mentioned in the program
For a fully exclusive experience we offer you:
Golf & Golf Courses
The Castle’s Golf & Country Club is a gem in the heart of the Collio hills which boasts a nicely laid out course in a gently rolling landscape dotted with vineyards and olive groves. The ponds and fountains give the course a charm that only comes with age.
Vinum Spa Treatment
The treatments are carried out with natural cosmetics produced with our grapes, created exclusively for the Resort using the grape seeds, grape must, wine and grappas of the Estate. 10% Discount for you
Massages and face and body beauty treatments
Wine therapy and grappa therapy
Chromotherapy sensory beds
Retreat Price Based on Accommodation:
Cycling Retreat | 4Night – 5Days | Max 12 Travelers
Staying at Casale In Collina
Starlit skies and the calming sounds of nature – nothing more. The Casale in Collina, is where you can rekindle with your inner self without renouncing the privilege of the resort facilities and the wonderful views of the estate and castle.
Classic Room: The rooms of Casale La In Collina are elegant, comfortable and bright, furnished in a shabby chic style.
Retreat in double room: € 1.250
Retreat in double room – solo occupancy: € 1.350